About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Maybe It's Time to Believe in Miracles


FRIDAY, JULY 22, 2011

Maybe It's Time to Believe in Miracles

I have a new fascination.

Have you heard of the new fat freeze? Zeltiq developed a method called cryolipolysis...yeah, I can't say it either. But essentially, it's liposuction without incisions, anesthesia or sedation. It is said to be relatively painless & non-invasive. It requires no recovery time. What it does is draws an area to be treated into a suction device & then cold is applied for several minutes & then moves to another area to be treated. Minor side affects like redness, numbness & tingling have been reported & are temporary. 

It's not an all-over weight loss plan, but it can target specific areas that are not going away with the diet & exercise. The stubborn places, like love handles. My friend asked me if I'd heard of this & announced, "I'm literally gonna get my ass frozen off!"

Sounds pretty cool, huh? You can read here for more information: http://www.coolsculpting.com/

But I've heard of something else. 

Something that sounds even more amazing & exactly the opposite. Melting away the fat! All you do is lie there for 20 minutes, shift & repeat in another location a couple of times a week. This technique uses a cool laser to open the cell wall which allows the material to flow out of the cell whereby it is absorbed by the lymphatic system. This procedure has no known side effects. Yes, that's what I said. NO side effects at all. It's been around for a few years & there are no reported side effects. I find that amazing! It's a miracle!! 

Some places even make a guarantee of how many inches your body will melt. You can concentrate the laser to a specific area (how about my gut?) but weight & inches will be lost all over. And there's a guarantee. Seriously, does it get better than that?

But ahhh, there is a catch. And it sucks. Because it relies on the lymphatic system to handle the 'spilled fats' it may not be as effective in diabetics (hello) or persons with other conditions of the lymphatic system. 

WE ARE THE ONES THAT NEED THE MOST HELP!! Weight makes our disease worse but the disease makes it harder to lose weight.  I tell ya, if I had a spare few thousand dollars to give it a shot, I would. What's to lose (other than money) right? Oh, & inches. No known side effects.

Now I'm no medical expert. I'm just a chick that struggles like 1/2 the nation with the balance of life & trying to live well & get healthier with the absolute minimum effort. I mean, really, both of these sound like miracles, but one, in my not-so-humble-opinion, is just a little more miracle-y than the other.  

If you want to see for yourself what I'm talking about, read here: http://www.myzerona.com/

Both these methods not only sculpt & slim by inches, they also claim to tone & tighten the skin. The before & after photos speak for themselves. Look:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Cryolipolysis+before+%26+after+pictures&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADSA_enUS440US440&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Y7opTrv5H5HPgAfMxoWKCw&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=756

 http://www.google.com/searchq=zerona+before+26+after+pictures&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADSA_enUS440US440&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FrkpTsrxBI-cgQedoIiRCw&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=756

And let me put it out there... I volunteer right now to be a diabetic guinea pig for this fat-busting laser or freeze. (I can handle a little redness or numbness or tingling in the short term to be rid of this belly.) Or I'd even accept donations to give it a whirl & report back to you on the results ;) 

Yes, I am that selfless. I'm really very considerate that way. Please, let me check it out first. It's the least I can do for you.

I should give a nod to Dr. Oz, as his show introduced both these techniques to his audience. Thanks for telling us options are out there.

1 comment:

  1. Kerbi! You are full of valuable information! And stuff. ;)
    Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment