About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Maybe Words Do Hurt


WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011

Maybe Words Do Hurt

So there's this new obsession in my house....It's Words with Friends. Have you played it? Do you want to?  I started this about a week ago, maybe 2, & have played no less than than 40 games with 15 different people. I currently have 11 games going with 9 friends. Aaack!!

May I just say, I have never felt so dumb in my entire life!? Sure, I get a few words. I've won a few games. But I have also had my ass handed to me several times. Is it actually necessary to beat me by 200 points? Isn't, like, 20 enough?

As I complained & whined & bemoaned my misfortune at having lost game after game in this ridiculous beast of time-suckage, my children laughed. And giggled. And rooted against me, against their dear old mum. WTH is that?! The one actually said -direct quote here- "Finally, somebody is better than you at a word game." Huh! Why I oughtta....

I have words for her, let me tell you. I am capable of making a lot of words. Even 7-letter words! (And you know, it's not like Scrabble. There's no 50-point bonus for using all your letters in 1 word. Stupid rip-off.) I can make words, let me tell you, they just don't always fall on those stingy triple-point tiles or double-letter spaces....or uh, properly attach to an existing word on the board...

Don't get me wrong, I've had 101 point words before. Rarely. Ok, once. But the point is it happened. I had a 68 point word recently. Then there was this time my husband quit 4 words into the game because I was so far ahead he didn't think he could catch up.

That was no fun. I continued playing him just yesterday after he scored upwards of 150 points on me. And guess what? He only won by 2. Yeah, baby, I came back strong!

I'll admit that it was nice for awhile, an easy trade of 'hop, hope, pail' & other common 3 & 4 letter words. It was some mindless entertainment. Now it's all stress. OMG she just got 68 points! Let's see if I can top that! 'Cause even while I'm not super-competitive, no one likes their ass kicked so hard so often & now the pressure is on because now I occasionally impress myself. And topping that is a real feat.

So last night, I went back & forth between games with 4 people & found myself rather frantic. I decided enough was enough & went to bed...where I dreamed up my next moves & woke myself up. I kid you not. It's sick, really. This was startling to me, so....I decided I need a masseuse to de-stress me while I hunch over my iPod. Who's game?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, because now I know not to go anywhere near this game! I have Scrabble Blast on my iphone....ugh. fun but such a time suck.
    Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment