About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby, What The _____?!


TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012

Baby, What The ____?!

Remember the Arsenio Hall Show? He used to do a bit called, "Things That Make You Go, 'Hmmm'..." Or, as most of us today call it, WTF?! moments. I have a Pinterest board all dedicated, by the way, to things that make me go, 'hmmm.'

I have written about a few WTF?! moments in the past. (http://maybebabyme.blogspot.com/2010/10/as-you-know-from-my-baby-tests-me-i.html) If one decides to peruse that post, one may recall the grafitti on my mouse pad. It's worse now. The glittery smudges are nail polish.

Pinterest, here I come to make a better one!

So you know about the little street punks I'm raising with all the patience of Job...in OppositeLand. Well, here we go again.

This is how my day began.

I like my morning coffee. In fact, I don't want morning without a cup of coffee. So this morning, I reach into my refrigerator where we have long-standing rules about where things belong... You know, like, meat in the meat drawer & fruits & vegetables in the produce drawer & condiments go in the door.

Fair enough? We think so. My husband tolerates my OCD quirks (no, I don't really have a diagnosis because it isn't a quality of life thing, but, I do have my quirks) probably because I mostly tolerate his. However, we share this one. We don't want to dig through the cavern of the fridge shelving to locate a tiny bottle of Tabasco.

So I get up this morning, & I make my coffee, & I open the fridge to get out the Half-n-Half...& I am greeted by this sight.

Oh, hay-ell no.

Of course, I'm not alert enough to yell properly, so I grab my camera.

Ok, but seriously, WTF?! You see the salad dressing bottles all lined up neatly on the shelf above? Yes, that is the way everything shouldlook. Not this pile of gobbledygook.

Is it so, so hard to stand bottles upright? Are we in such a hurry that no one has all second to put away the ketchup properly? It's insanity, I tell you. Pure chaos. Pretty much the end of the world as we know it. Because God knows, the chocolate syrup does not belong with the tartar sauce & mustard & lime juice.

It should be on the bottom shelf with the whipped cream. Duh. Or, maybe WTF?!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! HAAAAA! Loved this. One of your funniest posts!!
    BTW, my pet peeve is the people who pout the squeeze ketchup bottles upside down, on the clear part. White part down people. White part down! That's the whole part of the new ketchup bottle design!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. White part down indeed!! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment