About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby, It's a New Day!


MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2012

Baby, It's a New Day!

Miss me? I did! I had some stuff going on & now I'm ready to resume my real life...

A friend's year-end reflections inspired me to thinking about my moving-forward ideals & a few amazing insights...

I don't typically make New Year's resolutions, & when I do set a personal goal, I often keep it private... but this year, I'm-a shake it up a bit.

My first goal of the new year is to keep my sense of humor up front. To that end, I will keep enjoying the silly things that make me giggle. Like this-
http://www.someecards.com/
&  like this-
http://annetaintor.com/
& also like this-
http://therealbluntcard.tumblr.com/

These things bust me up. Now how can you not laugh when you see them?

Another thing I will strive to do this year (& I proudly admit, I've been more successful every year with this) is to stop paying any attention to the BS that surrounds each of us. You know, the draaaammaaa. Ugh! I'm sick of it. I'm 42-(& a 1/2)-freaking-years-old & I'm just done. I have opinions. I will continue to share them freely.

 Not so long ago, a good friend of mine told me something she'd heard through the grapevine that I'd supposedly said about her...it wasn't confrontational, but I couldn't give it any weight at all once I'd heard from whom she'd heard it, because I'd never spoken to that person about anything substantive, & never would. As I said to her then, it's all interpretations. And I won't give them any credence by defending myself against them.  
I'm not blaming her. It's the links in the chain that got twisted. So I just say, whatevs.

To this end,
 & truly,
So if a few more people drop out of my life because they don't want me to be who I am, if they don't like me, I will be ok with it. That's not really on me. I really love being ok with me. It's an amazing gift.
Maybe it takes some people longer...maybe some people never get here...lucky people may find their way here sooner, but I wish everyone could feel the peace & the power of knowing that no one else's ideas of what or who you should be matter at all if you are true to yourself. 

This is not to say I never question...how do we grow if we don't? But what I know for sure is that it doesn't have to be right for you & it can still actually be right for me. Certain conflicts over the last couple of years have helped me find more self-confidence & I am grateful. I feel more me.
 

I feel more optimistic than I have in a long time...that's saying something. So for one last laugh today...I went to another favorite website. I'll leave you with what I found...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

http://pinterest.com/

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kerbs, how I love this! Equal parts wisdom and humor. Perfect.
    Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment