About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Elfin Magic, Baby


FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2011

Elfin Magic, Baby

Today I am giggling just a little bit because I was searching for a photo on my computer & I found this-
It is not the picture I was looking for, but it sure did brighten my day. Just look at that face! It's pathetic. In case you're not sure why she looks so very sadly adorable, here's another, after I brushed her hair-
You see, my darling angel decided to give herself a quick haircut before waking up Mommy a long time ago when she was 3. Seriously, look at that face again & tell me you could be angry. If you can, I say you're a heartless witch. 
So she got very excited when I took her to get her hair cut, & it turned out super cute so it was all good. But I can't help but wonder, was my initial freak-out (OMIGOD YOU CUT YOUR HAAAIIIRR? in the shrillest possible voice that perhaps only the dog could hear...) the subconscious reason she never wanted her hair cut again? She would only agree to the tiniest of trims... 
She looks just a little irritated with me here.
Until one day, out of nowhere, she announced that she wanted to get a haircut & she wanted to donate the length. Her sister had done this a couple of years earlier. Here they both show off-
Alex's ponytail
Anne's braid
And it took me awhile to get used to it, but it's really flattering to her & it's so easy to wash & brush! I think the hair donation is a fabulous cause & a super easy thing to do if you'll be cutting off a significant length of hair anyway. Many salons donate the service of the haircut (meaning it's free) when you donate. Ok, I'm done with the PSA.
She's thrilled with it.
 
Now it's back to my child & her adorable expressions... I love that I never have to guess what she's feeling. Her mood is all over her face. For reals.


Here she is striking her, "I'm so stinkin' cute, you can't stand it,' pose:
And here's a pouty face:
This is what nervous looks like:

Here is pride:

And here is deep concentration:
This is true, cannot-be-contained, spaztastic excitement:
Here is annoyance-
 And this is, well, heck, I don't know what it is! (Party on & Rock 'n Roll, dudes!!) It's just freakin' funny:
This one shows why we called her "Little Ornery Annie" for eons:
Here she is playing air guitar, or sneezing, or perhaps miming that she is flossing:

Her daddy calls this one 'the Popeye face':
This one is bashfulness:
I know I'm much less talky-talky today, but I think there's still a pretty colorful story in here.

And as your reward for enjoying Anne's faces as much as I do & you must if you're still here...an entire series of faces just trying to get one decent family Christmas photo....





Oh, she was ornery alright. Still can be...& really, why is it so hard to get one decent family picture? 
Stay tuned for my next post highlighting my husband & the face that pisses me off....

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Precious! I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such an expressive face!!
    Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment