About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby, You Hilarious


TUESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2012

Baby, You Hilarious

My children....a constant source of amusement....

We have been enjoying Friends reruns together this summer. Wow, I  feel old with how dated they are!! The other night, something mildly peculiar happened & I posted it to facebook--


Bruce on Friends
Watching an old episode of Friends with the girls & there is a guest star. 
I said, "Oh, he still had hair!"
Daughter #2: Who is it?
Daughter #1: Kevin Bacon
Me: Bruce Willis
They say, "Whose that?"

Bruce now

Kevin Bacon









You might ask, how did she know Kevin Bacon? A commercial. (I shake my head. It's just too sad.) She remembered him because Bacon "is a funny name." At least Bruce is in a couple of movies. I hope Kevin does something again. Bernie Madoff stole all his money. (Yes, they asked who's Bernie Madoff & what's a ponzi scheme.)  http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/bernard_l_madoff/index.html

I admit, I felt a little sad at that. And I wondered how one of them knew who Kevin Bacon was when she didn't know Bruce Willis. I tend to think Willis is the bigger star, the one still making movies. And that made me feel pretty old. (Raise your hand if it feels like you just played the game 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon yesterday.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon

Then just last night we were playing a quiz game, Sporcle, & we were filling in the topic Disney Animated Movies by Letter. Anytime I get a fun one, I read them aloud for the girls & my hubs to play too. Should have been easy.....But hubs could only come up with Pixar titles which weren't included. So Daughter #1 asks, "Does it include the really old ones too, like SteamTruck Mickey?" Steam. Truck. Mickey. I nearly wet my pants laughing so hard. "I'd guess it does include Steamboat Willy, since that started it all."

So then a little later, maybe we were slap-happy at this point, we were watching a show where there was a jackalope & some lady kept calling it a devil-bunny, which just struck me as hilarious. So Daughter #1 is relaying to her dad what I'm all giddy over, & she calls it a jack-o-lantern. Which puts Daughter #2 into peels of laughter because A, she loves catching her sister in an error, & B, it was nearly 11 PM. And possibly C, a lot of words that start with jack are pretty funny. Jackass. Jackhole. Jackwad. Jackaroo. Jackrabbit....

And then the best thing happened. Daughter #1, who is just so cool & doesn't like me talking too much about her, who also knows that I posted the Bruce/Kevin thing on facebook, asks me if I'm going to post either of these funnies on facebook? I gave her the "ehhhn." 

Truth is, I tried but my 2nd gen iPod keeps kicking me off & so it never went through. So I just told her no. Her response? "Why? Don't your friends need to be entertained by the hilarity that is me?"

Yep, I suppose they do, kid. Here ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment