About Me

My photo
I'm a wife & mother. I live with my husband, our 2 children & the stinkbomb known as Gary. (He's a boxer.) Maybe I'm pleased as punch with my life on some days & maybe on others, I think of changes that must be made... You'll be, like, the 5th to know!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer Droolin' Baby


TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2012

Summer Droolin' Baby

I've been gone a long time. Lots of pressing business to tend to these days, like dirty dishes & dirty laundry. And then clean dishes & clean laundry. And dinner. And softball. I'm exhausted. 

It's summer vacation so that means extra work for me. More dishes, more meals, more laundry. I don't know why there is more laundry. Just trust me on that. There is. And because we had (it ended last week) 4 softball games a week, for about 3 hours per game, I just felt like all the time for me was absorbed. 

Ok, sure I had time to facebook & pin....but I've barely read anything & only been to the movies twice. I saw The Avengers with the family & Magic Mike with my girlfriends.  I liked them both. Lots of eye candy- bare chests & muscles, & the moves to show them off... I mean, look at these casts. Just look. Now wipe off the drool.

I realize that when you hear Avengers, & this may come to mind- - - -


- - - But I want you to think of this instead. See how yummy? Look at them! Hahaha!!

Look at their grins. (You can ignore Scarlet if you want. I do. She's pretty, but not my type.Captain America is missing from this shot. But look at that Thor. I think he is my favorite eye candy in this movie anyway. Truly adorable.And then we have a completely different type of story....


Aw, Mike. You look good. Really. Really, really good.

Every icon of masculinity is represented. Construction Worker... Cowboy... Police Officer... Sailor... Soldier... Fireman... And more! 

And you know they're acting when Matthew McConaughey is not only the least attractive (well, I reserve that for the big Tarzan guy) but the least likable character. But I don't want to give anything away. 

Contrary to what one might think, or assume is necessary, there was a plot. It wasn't complicated but it was entertaining.

Seriously, just look at them! And they danced for you, yes, just for you! They knew how to move their hips....oh, yes, they did!

They smiled & gyrated & flirted. They were sexy, raunchy & sweet alternately. And at times, funny & charming. Surprise!! But really, just look at them. You gotta love 'em. 

It was a lip-smackin' good time.  (Did I mention we went to celebrate my birthday & my husband made me a drool bib to wear? He's a keeper!!)



And now that we have some free time again, I think I want to see Batman. (I don't want to be sad & associate it with the tragedy in Colorado. That was just timing & opportunity. I just want to enjoy it for what it was meant to be.) It's just 3 movies all summer long. And guess what? There's more eye candy!! I mean, Christian Bale is a chameleon... scruffy, ugly & grungy sick in one film but all buff & smoldering hot in another. And it's win-win. We get to see a 'family' movie. The hubs gets his superhero fix. And I get eye candy. I like candy. 

Because this meme made me laugh,  I googled opening weekend stats & have found some variance among the numbers for The Avengers, but it seems to fall somewhere between $200-208 million. Holy packed theater, Batman!! Batman, despite the shootings, took in approximately $161 million....

Oh, but the competition isn't over yet, for it isn't an equal comparison. According to the Raw Story http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/23/latest-batman-movie-has-third-largest-opening-ever/   Batman is 3rd after The Avengers (1st) & Harry Potter (2nd) but that's apples & oranges. Avengers & Harry Potter are in 3D which have higher ticket prices. Batman is in 2D, which means that this Batman is the highest grossing film opening. 


And blah, blah, blah.

I'm not going because I think it's going to be the greatest cinematic treasure of my lifetime. I'm going to be entertained for a couple of hours. I hope it has a good story. I hope it looks good, & I do mean more than just Batman himself. I hope it makes enough money that they would consider doing another one, despite claims from the beginning that there would only be 3, because this has been my favorite Batman series of them all.


Magic Mike, if you're still thinking about those guys (& why wouldn't you be?) had a $20 million opening, & none too shabby considering only women aged 17+ & a few gay men were the entire market.
  
And now we're back, at least I am, to Batman!! (I mean, except for McConaughey, the guys in Magic Mike are a tad young for me.) But Batman isn't. Oh no, he isn't. 5 years, big whoop.

And by the by  -6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon- Christian Bale & Matthew McConaughey once did a movie together too. It wasn't a big hit but I thought it was an ok movie. It was called Reign of Fire & it had this other, relatively unknown at the time, majorly drool-worthy dude in it that I kept asking my hubs about....I said, "Mark it down, dude is gonna be big."  Gerard Butler, ladies. So if you want dragon-slaying apocalyptic eye candy, it was there. This pic of Christian Bale well may be from that film.

So the few summer movies I saw (or will see) have a theme....hot dudes with buff bods, hot dudes with buff bods, & hot dudes with buff bods. 

PS: I don't know who this guy is, & I don't care...but, right???? I don't care how big his pecs are & I actually hope he retains neck, but that right there? Shut. Up. 

And get me a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment